Thursday, March 23, 2006

Wah who says itchy hands cannot do anything.. It does miracles.. At least to me.. Well.. I am sure ppl who read my blog remembers abt my old ipod 20gb which jus like died a few weeks ago ya? I REVIVED it... Damn.. REVIVED LA!! I also cannot believe it.. I was like just too tired and bored cos today nothing much to do on com wad.. Then suddenly i rmb my poor dead ipod. So i went thru on seeing if i can find parts on the net to fix it or is there such stuff in the first place.. I figured that the ipod CAN be forced open wif a very sharp object.. So i took out my dead ipod and did many experiments on it wif all different kinds of tools i can find... (Pen knife.. Scissors.. Screwdriver.. File.. Hammer etc.. *okok fine hammer was a lie..*


Everything still seems so new... Like jus buy lor.. I loved my old ipod.. Nt tt i dun love the new one..

After like 15 mins... I managed to open the cover wif a screwdriver.. Actually it wasn't hard at all.. It was a test of guts.. Whether u dare to do it or nt.. And since its dead i didn't care so much..
And i rmb the one idiot of a guy at apple centre who told me one thing:

Bloody "Help Desk" Guy.. : "No! Cannot open one Ipods cannot be opened one.. Only the technicians at America know how to open it.. Cannot ownself repair.. U need special tools and machines to repair and open a ipod.."

Well Screw u a hole.. Then how come i opened the ipod in 15mins? Well ever wondered how a ipod looks like inside? I will show ya ppl how it looks like.. Rare footage k? =P


1. Step one was to hold the entire side of the ipod wif a spanner or something like tt and then use a screwdrive to open the casing.. Its wasn't hard.. But not experience CONFIRM scratch the casing.. I gurantee it.


2. So as i configure and diy computers for ppl last time, i figured the blue thing is the hard disk.. So i unhook the connection, and check the wiring for the entire mother board of the ipod.


3. Here u can see is the ion battery of the ipod mounted on the delicate mother board.. Damn many chips and connection the mother board.. And since it looks like a computer mother board, "Si ma dang huo ma yi"(Dead horse take as Live horse treat.) I tried to find faults in it. True enoff i found a wire connection broken.. So i tore the wiring out and went to the storeroom see if got wires spare or nt.. Anyways the damn little piece of battery cost Julius $101.70 bucks.. Damn.. If i go online buy spare batt, i change only cost me like 40 bucks.. Ipod centres earn lots of money sia..


4. I solder back the new wire connection, and i checked the harddisk for errors.. Everything seems fine to me..


5. Screwing back the mother board in place together wif the LCD screen.


6. After snapping back the case back to normal.. I tried charging it wif a dc circuit to see if it can be powered on.. IT WORKED! It switched on perfectly without any more sad faces and clicking sounds!!! And Ipod Centre quoted me $450 to repair something i took like $10 bucks and 2 hrs to finsh!


7. Although done.. But it leaves me to wonder.. Where did these small screws n tt white part come frm.. lol.. Ipod use 10 screws i use 8 onli =P


8. Now charging happily in the dc power supply, it leaves me with another thing to ponder about.. Now wad am i going to do wif two ipods...

Anyways.. If your Ipod goes kuku and shows u the unhappy face or folder icons.. And u are out of warranty.. And u r willing to take the risk and not CONFIRM can fix but u willing to try.. Contact me at my email =) Be most glad to try to help =P
=====================================================

And oh ya.. Todae got ppl passed TP theory test in one shot! Three Cheers fer u xiaomei!.. Wo "xi shen"dun be pig is zhi de de! =) Congrats !

11:07 PM

<$BlogItemCommentCount$> Comments:

<$BlogItemCreate$>

Links to this post:

<$BlogBacklinkControl$> <$BlogBacklinkTitle$> <$BlogBacklinkDeleteIcon$>
<$BlogBacklinkSnippet$>
posted by <$BlogBacklinkAuthor$> @ <$BlogBacklinkDateTime$>

<$BlogItemBacklinkCreate$>

<< Home

eDw|n TaN
Wasted Off 20 Years of Life
A person who does not like emotions
Emotionally Unstable
21st April 1987 i Saw The Ugly World
demonic_souls@hotmail.com

::Bei

::Jan

::Jia Hui

::Joyce

::Another Joyce ^_^

::Sharon

::IvY

::Mingzhen

::Shi Ru

::Xue Lian

::Zhun

::Abby

 



No. Of Visits